Field course: the Mont Blanc massif
Four days dedicated to the Mont Blanc massif, on site: from 19th to 22nd September 2017, in Courmayeur, PhD students will attend the field course “Slope dynamics and responses of surface processes to climate change: the case of the Mont Blanc massif“.
Topics of the course:
- climate change and geomorphological processes in Alpine regions
- cryosphere dynamics under climate warming conditions
- slope instability and monitoring systems
- climate change effects on Alpine ecosystems
Lessons will be held by
- Daniele Giordan (CNR-IRPI Torino)
- Philip Deline (Université Savoie Mont Blanc)
- Davide Bertolo, Valerio Segor (Regione Autonoma Valle d’Aosta)
- Andrea Mondoni, Roberto Seppi, Francesco Zucca (Università degli Studi di Pavia)
- Pietro Picco, Elena Motta (Fondazione Montagna Sicura Courmayeur)
The course is organised by our PhD Program in Earth and Environmental Sciences, in cooperation with CNR-IRPI Torino and Fondazione Montagna Sicura.
No registration fee is required. Max number of participants is 30.
Application Form (Editable file, please download and fill in offline)