Structure and Composition of the Lower Continental Crust – October 7-10
The Earth and Environmental Sciences PhD Program of the University of Pavia, in collaboration with the Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (National Research Council of Italy), the Italian Group of Petrology and the Italian Society of Mineralogy and Petrology, is pleased to announce the International School entitled “Structure and Composition of the Lower Continental Crust“. The School will be held on October 7-10, 2019 in the historical Palazzo Vistarino (https://www.palazzovistarino.it/eng/), Pavia (Italy).
The major purpose of the School is to share and discuss the modern knowledge of the lower continental crust, from geological, structural, petrological, geochemical and geophysical viewpoints. The School is targeted to PhD students, post-docs, advanced master students and young researchers, and comprises a poster session for participants (poster size: 90 cm width x 240 cm height).
Registration is free.
The organising committee provides:
– six free accommodations in Palazzo Vistarino’s guesthouse;
– three free accommodations in a Pavia college (only for SIMP members).
Lectures will be held by:
- Roberto Braga, University of Bologna (Italy)
- Bruna B. Carvalho, University of Padova (Italy)
- Bernardo Cesare, University of Padova (Italy)
- György Hetényi, University of Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Matthew D. Jackson, Imperial College, London (United Kingdom)
- Antonio Langone, Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources, CNR Pavia (Italy)
- Sandra Piazolo, University of Leeds (United Kingdom)
- Silvano Sinigoi, University of Trieste (Italy)
- Thomas Zack, University of Gothenburg (Sweden)
Leaflet of Structure and Composition of the Lower Continental Crust
Program of Structure and Composition of the Lower Continental Crust
Abstracts Volume – Structure and Composition of the Lower Continental Crust